Wednesday 25 May 2016

Post-Accutane Update / My experience off Isotretinoin.

My accutane experience. 

Hi guys! I done a post on my experience on Accutane, which you can read here if you haven't already and are curious. I have now been off Accutane since early April, I had a course of 5 months.

I thought it would be good to discuss how my skin is now after being off Accutane. My skin is still dry, but not as dry as it was ON accutane. All my side effects have gone, apart from I do struggle moving suddenly, my body can ache which was what was happening to me nearing the end of my journey. My skin has not went back oily, many people I know have said there skin goes back to being oily but not in my case anyway. My skin is still red at times especially after washing my skin but that doesn't bother me hugely.

I haven't broken out since month 3 of being on Accutane (from memory anyway) which is amazing. I've just finished a lot of big exams which normally woud make my skin break out but its hasn't. Not going to lie, that's amazing. However, I still have my bad days. I believe that's because of my confidence and my insecurities which are sadly caused by acne and bullying. It's important in this journey or with any journey to look at it from your persona experience, at times I would look at others on my accutane instagram and think why isn't my skin like this, but we are all different. My scarring has improved a lot but not enough for me personally to feel confident in wearing no makeup out but again, more of a confidence thing I believe. I do have a lot of scarring on my left side and do in the future want to go back to work on improving this.

What I think is most important to say is that after stopping taking accutane, My skin still improved a lot, it kept improving daily without even being on the drug. That made me feel a lot better coming off accutane, it was a comfort. My skin is still improving daily which is great. I have added new skincare into my current routine which I may do a post on in a couple of months.

This post has been a little all over the place but accutane has been one of the best things I have decided to do. I am so grateful for this journey and DO NOT take having clear skin for granted. If you're battling with acne, please keep going. If you're on accutane and think your journey is not going like others, remember this is a individual journey and EVERYONE is different.

If you have any questions or anything at all. I will be more than happy to help in anyway I can.

See you soon, Kirsty x. 

No comments:

Post a Comment